At a time when the role of journalists and the media is more important than ever to raise awareness about the challenges and opportunities facing local communities, 83 Degrees Media
provides vital storytelling that helps communicate, educate and inform readers about potential connections, collaborations, and common concerns that will help shape our collective future.
Our TIDE model for content -- telling the stories of the Tampa Bay region's talent, innovation, diversity and environment -- has served the region and Florida well for more than 12 years.
Readers like you tell us everyday how much they appreciate our optimistic, enthusiastic and transparent approach to storytelling through a solutions journalism lens that helps counter negativity and divisiveness that tends to obscure our view of each other.
Feedback, which we get often, motivates us to do even more. Here are just a few examples:
- "Your publication is the oxygen in the room.''
- “Getting a story in your distinguished online magazine lends credibility and provides reach.''
- "We had a noticeable increase in attendance at our very next screening event after your story went out.’’
- “The 83 Degrees story resulted in additional views of our webpage and awareness of our programs.''
- "Your story was part of our great success! ... We saw an increase in interest in our website and other social media channels and our fundraising campaign.''
- “The timing of your story helped to increase attendees because it raised awareness.''
- "Although we received additional donations, the biggest positive was community awareness and interest.’’
- “This story is essential in attracting grant funding and recognition for our program.’’
- "Your story helped more people discover our theatre festival.’'
- “This story helps legitimize our project and share it with new audiences.’’
- “I never get tired of saying how much I enjoy your e-newsletters. Keep doing what you do so well.’’
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
We couldn't do what we do without generous support and encouragement from our underwriting partners (Tampa General Hospital, USF Health, Tampa Downtown Partnership, Tampa Bay Trust Company, KD Keller, Tampa Bay History Center, City of Clearwater Economic Development, Children's Board of Hillsborough County, Florida Wildlife Corridor Foundation, Community Foundation Tampa Bay
), the Gobioff Foundation, the Duckwall Foundation and readers like you.
As we approach the end of 2022 and look forward to the opportunities that await in 2023, we appeal to your better selves to support the kind of local journalism that helps you get to know your community and the amazing people in it through storytelling that shines a light on what's good and what's right -- lifting up key influencers, ideators, and others who inspire us to make the Tampa Bay Area a better place.
If you would like to see more stories about local people and businesses giving back and how individual and group philanthropy impacts community, please follow the link to donate to the Solutions Journalism Fund at Community Foundation Tampa Bay
. Remember too that you can name the Solutions Journalism Fund as a beneficiary of your donor advised fund to be paid after your lifetime. And, if you're over 70½ years of age, you can make a tax-free contribution from your IRA.
Thanks again! We appreciate you and wish you and yours all the best through the holidays and into the new year!
Publisher Diane Egner
Managing Editor Christopher Curry
The 83 Degrees Media team of contributing writers, photographers and editors
Issue Media Group
Enjoy this story? Sign up
for free solutions-based reporting in your inbox each week.